Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 2 of Essential Jesus thoughts..

Phil 2:12-13
Redouble your efforts. Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. 13 That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure. 

This is interesting because it says the energy(Spirit) is God within me working at what will bring Him the most pleasure. So this leads me to think my pleasure is a byproduct of HIS pleasure. My pleasure should not be the goal, it apparently is not God's ultimately.
John Piper renown theologian and preacher says, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in HIM." So my pleasure is in knowing God, communing with God, loving God....and then God is glorified or is full of pleasure.

Thoughts?
Shuree


No comments:

Post a Comment